Skip to main content

A GIFT FOR THE BRIDE


Image may contain: one or more people, text and closeup

After almost 3 months, I am blogging. This time its a story which is already there on my fb page. Happy reading.

Sunaina, a girl of 24 years in the suburbs of Odisha was readying herself to leave her own home. The home of her own parents. It is 6 am in the morning. The night that just passed brought a big change in her life. From a cute cuddly daughter and sister, she has now become someone’s wife. She knows her husband well, but still she is not able to understand why she’s having that heartache. Silently, sitting in her room, tears were flowing down from her eyes. She was thinking how to control her tears. But she was unable to hold them back.



Slowly, the door opened and she tried to wipe out her tears. Her brother silently stood and stared at her. She looked up and said, “Bhaiya, what happened?” Her brother, Manas entered the room and sat near her. “Sister, do you remember when you were six and I was eight, we played as kids with me performing your marriage. Do you remember, Naina?” His eyes were slowly becoming red and his voice was starting to tremble. “How can I forget those memories, bhaiya?”, Sunaina replied not looking towards her brother. She knew if she looks at her brother’s face she will start crying right away. Manas slowly hugged his sister and started saying, “I had never thought that in reality your wedding will break me so much, Naina. I never thought…” He couldn’t hold back his tears as he broke down infront of his sister. And in that situation, how could a younger sister control herself? But Naina did. Amidst the tears rolling down her cheeks, she held her brother’s hand and said, “Why are you crying, bro? I will always be your cute darling. And you only selected my hubby. He is your very good friend. Then why are you crying as if I am going forever?” That’s when she also couldn’t stop herself anymore and her voice trembled into thin air and those silent tears burst open breaking the walls of her eyes.




After few moments of outbreak of emotions, Manas pacified Sunaina. “There’s a reason I came here, Naina. Not just to cry dear; to give you something.” A little excitement was building up in Sunaina’s heart. She wanted to know what her brother wanted to give her and what is it that he didn’t gave her till today and waited for the last day to give. She asked quietly trying to hide all her excitement beneath her lips. “What is that, Bhaiya?” “It’s not from me” came the reply from Manas.
‘Now this was unexpected. Is it from my dad or mom? Or…’ breaking her thoughts, Manas said, “What are you thinking so much? It’s by one of my friends who loves me very much and I think he likes you too.” Winked Manas to his sister. A sudden rise in heartbeat made Sunaina anxiously nervous. Her heart knew it must be a gift from her husband. But what can it be? “OK dear, I swear, even I don’t know what’s inside it, but please close your eyes as that’s what the sender has said me to make you do and I am sure it won’t be bad for he is a good friend of mine.” Said Manas to his sister. 
Sunaina closed her eyes as she already knew that it must be from Aashish, her hubby. But what kept her more excited was what could be the gift. She heard her brother unpacking the gift and saying, “Keep your eyes closed Naina. Making things easy for you let me say. It’s a phone and its on. And OK. I gooot ittt…” “What Aashish has for me?” Sunaina’s heart murmured, but her lips kept quiet.
“Are your eyes closed, dear? Well, let them be closed. First of all, what you are thinking is right. The gift is from me, Aashish. But the actual gift has been given by your brother to me. And that’s you. Well, don’t take it otherwise dear. I am not objectifying women here but to be honest I can understand how painful it is for any brother to see his sister leaving him. Ofcourse it is not a permanent leave, but still it hurts. For I have a sister too. And I know how it felt when she married. As if a part of your soul is taken away. World describes love mainly in two forms. The couples or the parents love. But there’s something else. It’s a brother-sister love. Frankly speaking, it’s under-rated.” The audio clip was making both Sunaina and Manas teary eyed. But the voice didn’t stop.




“I know you both must be a little emotional by now. But I have to say few things. And I will say them. Sunaina, I love you. I love you more than anything else but if someone asks who your role model is, I will answer, Manas. I don’t know if I can ever know you as he does. I don’t know if I can ever understand you and care for you as he does. Yes, I will try my best. I can remember when I had said Manas the first time about my likeness towards you. I was afraid he might be angry as most brothers feel. But you know what, he cried. He said to me that he will be happy if I marry you but how can he live without you? He promised me not to say you this but I will. He had said me that you are his everything and he had said me that if you do any mistake after marriage, before saying you I should call him so that he will explain me how to say you regarding it so that you don’t feel bad or cry. His biggest fear is to see you in pain, to see you down, to see you in tears. And even to Manas, I promise my friend that your sister is my life from today and I will never make her feel bad ever. You know Naina, thanks to Manas I know many things about you; your likes, dislikes and much more. Well, now it’s time Manas please open the door of your room and Naina, no cheating just close your eyes till you are said. OK bye, Naina. Next you will hear from your brother.”




The best audio clip and gift she had enjoyed in her life. With eyes closed she could feel everything Aashish told about her brother. He is the best brother in the world. She could hear her brother walking towards the door and opening it. And as said by Aashish, the next voice was her brother’s.
“I am amazed and shocked and beyond happy and no words to say. Naina, open your eyes dear.” Said Manas. Naina opened her eyes and saw the entire family of Aashish at her door with Aashish leading from the front. Aashish held a beautiful portrait of her family with she, her mom, dad and brother all in one frame. And Aashish’s sister held a flakes that read, “WE WELCOME YOU TO OUR FAMILY.”
Naina was spellbound and so was Manas. Aashis hugged Manas and said “Thanks” and then he went to Sunaina and said, “This portrait will always hang in our bedroom so that you never miss your family and drop a tear, dear. It’s just a try by me to keep you a little happier.” He winked at Sunaina with his eyes asking if she liked the surprise and then continued. “Well, we all have come here to welcome you to be a member of our family and help me and our family grow and prosper.” Then he raised his hands towards Sunaina and expressed with his eyes for her to say something. 
Sunaina with her hands over her face couldn’t believe what she just witnessed. She had become immobile. She never thought marriages can be so surprisingly happy and good. She stood slowly; went near Aashish, held his hands and then walked towards her brother and held his hands too. For some moments she gazed them both in one frame and then she hugged both of them and just said one line which expressed many emotions at the same time “I LOVE YOU”.

Like my page - FACEBOOK PAGE - UNHEARD ECHOES

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KARMA IS A BITCH...

Today I encountered a good experience, and my belief on GOD or whatever you call strengthened more. Its true whatever you do, will return back to you because KARMA IS A BITCH... Hope you all like it...  Today morning a wonderful experience I had, Though it felt good, trust me for someone it was bad. But what to do KARMA IS A BITCH, It never leaves till to you a lesson it teach. For every single word you speak that hurts other, One day with interest returns back to you and bother. But I am happy that someone is there, Who is ready to give every human their deserving share. Experiences in past had already made me a believer of God, But today I knew that no human is spared from his sword. The saying is true that, as you sow, so shall you reap; Even in a second the fortunes can flip. Don't hurt someone who's poor due to your present high status, Because even from the mud, someday blooms a lotus. For people who think nothing bad can happen to

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

P.S. - Please read until the end before drawing any conclusion ;) Living in a dark place, I thought this was my world... Suddenly I felt a pulling jerk, And I started feeling cold...                                                                                                          I went into a shock,                                                    And I started yelling loudly...                                                    I never knew about this,                                                    But a voice came out of me slowly...                                                                                                               I saw few faces staring at me,                                                                                                               As I was in a strangers land...                                                                                                               I saw two things holding me,      

THE GOOD & THE BAD...

Well this post friends is a manifestation of my own thoughts and experiences. The post here says a basic thing. "Every coin has two sides", albeit the story to explain it is a little different. Hope you all like it.. Its little long but usually when emotions are expressed, it takes long. It rained and it rained a lot, I could see a child playing with a paper boat. With no one to ask him not to wet, He was dancing in the rain which many would hate. I always dreamed of drenching myself in the rain, But always stopped thinking of future cough and pain. I saw his eyes lighten up seeing the rain drops, As if he was waiting to play with his hand-made props. Soon after he was accompanied by his sister, And his joy knew no bound as if he was made some minister. Unknowingly before the rain drops they were doing the SRK pose, Even I stopped my scooty and stretched my hands seeing those. I wished I had their innocence and zeal, Even in such a heavy rain,