Skip to main content

KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

Knowledge and wisdom. Just like 2 sides of the same coin. 

Some feel knowledge is more important while for a few others, wisdom goes a long way. In my opinion, though, they both contribute more or less equally to a person's life. Yes, there are exceptions; a lot of exceptions. Still, I believe, with growth, with new generations coming in, both will play equal roles. During the beginning, knowledge surely has a greater role to play, but with age, wisdom and experiences are things that shall also matter a lot. 

Now, knowledge and wisdom both grow with every new generation that impends on this planet. While the baggage of knowledge grows more as compared to wisdom because of the sheer amount of new technologies and inventions/discoveries that add up to the existing knowledge tree, wisdom is more subtle. Wisdom cannot be gained by surfing the internet, reading news articles, or on google. To develop wisdom, more creative approaches are required. Wisdom gets transferred from one generation to another through some able people of both generations, one set of people who are ready to share their experiences and wisdom gained during their lifetime and from their ancestors/teachers/gurus/idols, etc., and another set of people who are eager to listen to them and receive them. Without these 2 sets, wisdom dissipation is not possible. 

But what happens if wisdom is not transferred and only knowledge gets accumulated in the next generation? If we go back to the roots of history, knowledge, and wisdom have always worked side by side. Someone tried rubbing 2 stones and it led to the discovery of fire. That person shared this knowledge with others and then it came down to succeeding generations. However, if we observe keenly, the discovery of fire was accidental. The person may not have shared this discovery just to share. It might be because he would have wanted to know is this a universal fact or just happens sometimes. When everybody confirmed that person's discovery to be true, it got added to the knowledge pool. But with generations now, that is just a pearl of wisdom. Knowledge is why or how that fire emerged when 2 stones were rubbed. Knowledge is what are the reactions that lead to fire when 2 stones are rubbed. In short, without the transfer of wisdom, new knowledge cannot accumulate. Further, wisdom not only lies in technical know-how. It is related to things that we don't find anywhere; like how to live life peacefully, how to be spiritual, how to act in any stressful situations, how to deal with certain people, etc. And only with the transfer of these experiences and wisdom, we actually equip our next generations to start from where we stopped, to scale greater heights, to be at a point where they don't need to go through our learning phase once again. It's because lifespan is short and constant. If the coming generations again start learning everything from scratch, how can they achieve more, unless we deliver them our wisdom?

At least as human beings, and living in a society, this should be the least we should do for our coming generations. Help them achieve more by equipping them with all the required knowledge and wisdom.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KARMA IS A BITCH...

Today I encountered a good experience, and my belief on GOD or whatever you call strengthened more. Its true whatever you do, will return back to you because KARMA IS A BITCH... Hope you all like it...  Today morning a wonderful experience I had, Though it felt good, trust me for someone it was bad. But what to do KARMA IS A BITCH, It never leaves till to you a lesson it teach. For every single word you speak that hurts other, One day with interest returns back to you and bother. But I am happy that someone is there, Who is ready to give every human their deserving share. Experiences in past had already made me a believer of God, But today I knew that no human is spared from his sword. The saying is true that, as you sow, so shall you reap; Even in a second the fortunes can flip. Don't hurt someone who's poor due to your present high status, Because even from the mud, someday blooms a lotus. For people who think nothing bad can happen to

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

P.S. - Please read until the end before drawing any conclusion ;) Living in a dark place, I thought this was my world... Suddenly I felt a pulling jerk, And I started feeling cold...                                                                                                          I went into a shock,                                                    And I started yelling loudly...                                                    I never knew about this,                                                    But a voice came out of me slowly...                                                                                                               I saw few faces staring at me,                                                                                                               As I was in a strangers land...                                                                                                               I saw two things holding me,      

THE GOOD & THE BAD...

Well this post friends is a manifestation of my own thoughts and experiences. The post here says a basic thing. "Every coin has two sides", albeit the story to explain it is a little different. Hope you all like it.. Its little long but usually when emotions are expressed, it takes long. It rained and it rained a lot, I could see a child playing with a paper boat. With no one to ask him not to wet, He was dancing in the rain which many would hate. I always dreamed of drenching myself in the rain, But always stopped thinking of future cough and pain. I saw his eyes lighten up seeing the rain drops, As if he was waiting to play with his hand-made props. Soon after he was accompanied by his sister, And his joy knew no bound as if he was made some minister. Unknowingly before the rain drops they were doing the SRK pose, Even I stopped my scooty and stretched my hands seeing those. I wished I had their innocence and zeal, Even in such a heavy rain,