Skip to main content

REGRETS IN LOVE - A SHORT STORY PART - 2

Taking forward the story of Vivek, Natasha and Shreya, here presenting the second part of the story #RegretsInLove. For those who have read the first part, I think will find this interesting. And those who haven't, I request you all to please read the first part and then this part. I hope you all will like this.

......Natasha entered my room with a cup of coffee. How could I ever say her that Shreya was my first love and that bike rider was me? How could I even say that it was not an accident; rather a momentary action from anger? But yes, Natasha was right. The person who did this can never live in peace.....

The link to first part is: FIRST PART OF REGRETS IN LOVE
................



Even while bathing, those past memories came alive. The way I slapped her face and in a feat of rage I drove my bike not knowing I drove it right on her left leg. I just can’t forget all those incidents which haunts me even now. After the bath, while entering my room Natasha called again, “Vivek, are you a girl? Bathing for half an hour? Anyways, please help me in making biriyani. I don’t understand, Shreya is your college friend or mine. You never look enthusiastic when I say see’s coming for lunch. Why dear? She’s a good friend of yours, right?? And after all, she's the reason we are together, Vivek...” “Yeah, I am coming” came a feeble reply from me.

“Natasha, Natasha, where are you?” I shouted as I couldn’t find her while entering the kitchen. Well, Natasha is one of the best cooks I have seen. To be honest, better than my mom too. It seems to me she has received a Ph.D. in chicken recipes. And perhaps, that’s the reason she has decided to make Biriyani for my Shreya. Oh no, what did I say? My Shreya?? No, she’s only Shreya. She was mine and now I am Natasha’s. Natasha always thought I and Shreya are friends, but what I never understood is how could Shreya act so normal after so many things happened? How could she introduce me to Natasha whom I had never seen in my college before that day? How could she be so normal after such a long relationship between us?

The calling bell rang and I stood up to open the door. I knew it must be Shreya. She was never late. She would reach exactly at the same time what she would have informed. As I started walking near the door, suddenly my head felt heavy and the world around me revolved. I fell down with a thud and before I could know what happened, my eyes were closed and I was on the floor. 

I sensed some water sprinkles on my face as my senses came back and I found myself on the lap of Natasha. Natasha, too tensed didn’t utter a word. I could see the tears rolling out of her eyes. I found Shreya sitting near my legs. I decided that let me say the truth today. I can’t cheat Natasha as she loves me so much. But she should know that I and Shreya loved each other and we are not just friends. And even today somewhere I have deep feelings for Shreya. I blurted out, “Natasha, please don’t feel bad. I had to say this thing to you someday. I love Shreya. And she also loved me once. But one day due to some pressure, she denied my love and I did this to her; Drove my bike on her. But still she became my friend. This shows she also loves me somewhere from the heart…” 

“No, we are friends. Are you mad, Vivek? We never had any relation except friendship. Do you even know what are you saying?" Pointing her legs, Shreya continued again, "And this was done to me by some random bike rider and that was not you dear. Anyways, if we were in a relation, would I have ever introduced you to Natasha who loves you so deeply? I think you have gone insane, Vivek." 

"Why the hell you are not agreeing that you loved me? If you don’t why did you kiss me, hug me and spent so much time with me and we even made out in a car, remember?" I shouted back.


And suddenly cutting my speech from the middle, Shreya said something which shook me from the core of my heart. “Shut up, Mr. Vivek. Enough is enough. And Natasha, Sorry I can't take it anymore. Listen Mr. Vivek; we, me and Natasha are trying to treat you, cure you and give your life a better meaning. And yes, I am not Shreya. I am Dr. Priyanka, a psychiatrist who tried to treat you being a friend of Natasha. And the Shreya you talk about, used you dear. She never loved you. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have developed amnesia which made you forget everything that had happened that night. She hit you with some heavy object on your head and even we don’t know why she did that because it was between you and her. You forgot everything and with the help of doctors, and on the suggestion of the lady who loves you the most, Natasha; we made a false memory for you so that I can come to your house and treat you twice a week." 

She took a sip of water almost ready to fire again. "Do you know Mr. Vivek you were in coma for 3 days with blood clots in your brain and this young lady, Natasha was with you at every moment. And when you opened your eyes, you remembered nothing except 'Shreya' and that you hit her and made her paralyzed. That's when doctors and we all knew you had forgot everything about that night and whatever you remembered were just pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. And then with the permission of Natasha, we tried to delete your memory upto that post coma stage and infuse new memories in forms of dreams. And these memories were planned out properly so that you slowly become normal. And you reacted positively to each treatment and sessions that have been continuing for last 1 year. But one thing we are not able to make you believe and that is me, the duplicate Shreya is just a friend of yours."

I was not able to control myself. I started sweating profusely. I didn’t know what happened. I started doubting my existence. I don’t know what happened to me that night. And what I remembered is a mere creation by doctors. Shreya’s denial, my riding over her, and then Natasha comforting me; everything is just a creation? Oh my God. Everything I know about myself is false. Who am I? What happened to me? And where is Shreya?? What happened to her??? My body couldn’t take any more stress and I just fell flat on the floor.

............................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KARMA IS A BITCH...

Today I encountered a good experience, and my belief on GOD or whatever you call strengthened more. Its true whatever you do, will return back to you because KARMA IS A BITCH... Hope you all like it...  Today morning a wonderful experience I had, Though it felt good, trust me for someone it was bad. But what to do KARMA IS A BITCH, It never leaves till to you a lesson it teach. For every single word you speak that hurts other, One day with interest returns back to you and bother. But I am happy that someone is there, Who is ready to give every human their deserving share. Experiences in past had already made me a believer of God, But today I knew that no human is spared from his sword. The saying is true that, as you sow, so shall you reap; Even in a second the fortunes can flip. Don't hurt someone who's poor due to your present high status, Because even from the mud, someday blooms a lotus. For people who think nothing bad can happen to

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

P.S. - Please read until the end before drawing any conclusion ;) Living in a dark place, I thought this was my world... Suddenly I felt a pulling jerk, And I started feeling cold...                                                                                                          I went into a shock,                                                    And I started yelling loudly...                                                    I never knew about this,                                                    But a voice came out of me slowly...                                                                                                               I saw few faces staring at me,                                                                                                               As I was in a strangers land...                                                                                                               I saw two things holding me,      

THE GOOD & THE BAD...

Well this post friends is a manifestation of my own thoughts and experiences. The post here says a basic thing. "Every coin has two sides", albeit the story to explain it is a little different. Hope you all like it.. Its little long but usually when emotions are expressed, it takes long. It rained and it rained a lot, I could see a child playing with a paper boat. With no one to ask him not to wet, He was dancing in the rain which many would hate. I always dreamed of drenching myself in the rain, But always stopped thinking of future cough and pain. I saw his eyes lighten up seeing the rain drops, As if he was waiting to play with his hand-made props. Soon after he was accompanied by his sister, And his joy knew no bound as if he was made some minister. Unknowingly before the rain drops they were doing the SRK pose, Even I stopped my scooty and stretched my hands seeing those. I wished I had their innocence and zeal, Even in such a heavy rain,