Skip to main content

REGRETS IN LOVE - A SHORT STORY

Friends, for the first time I have tried to pen a short story instead of a poem. Do give your comments if you liked it or not. Or even if you see areas and scopes for improvement, do mail me or comment below. Hope you all read it till the end.


She came close to me and said, “It’s over, dear.” Tears rolled out of my eyes as I sat on my bike and looked her face. I kept on thinking about all my efforts that went in vain. I kept on thinking about all my love that ended nowhere. I wiped my tears and again looked at her; observing her eyes that once twinkled hearing my name; those lips which had made me feel my first kiss; those long black hairs which I always played with; those cheeks which have felt million touches from my fingers and lips. How could she forget all that? How could anybody wipe out all these memories? I looked down to the earth and up to the sky, and I felt as if my life is over right here right now.

Breaking my thoughts, Natasha suddenly touched my hands and asked “Vivek, are you fine?” Startled by the touch, I came back to senses. “Yes, I am” I murmured slowly. “No, you are not. Don’t lie to me. Baby, I love you more than anything and I need you to be available right now. Say me and clear your head darling. What’s going on in your mind?” Her voice had raised because of her unconditional affection for me. She wanted to know why her Romeo is behaving like a Devdas.

I know Natasha. No one can love me more than her. Don’t I love her? Yes, I do. I love her a lot. But, I don’t know why the tale of that night still haunts me. Why my brain goes into a shock when I think of that deadly night which ended in a horror? Why my evil side overpowered my love for a moment which destroyed and devastated everything? Has anger got so much energy that love can easily be defeated? Why couldn’t I accept that situations make people take few decisions which even they don’t like to take? Why couldn’t I not accept that all people are not same in the world? Why didn’t I think for a second about the consequences of my action? And if she didn’t love me, why didn’t she complain against me? My heart started etching in pain for the mistake I did long ago. She did forgive me but I couldn’t. Before, I could sink in more thoughts, Natasha’s voice broke my chain of thoughts.


“Hey Vivek, message from Shreya. Your college friend. She’s coming today for lunch. And why are you not seeing whatsapp? You know she’s so pretty and good. Sometimes I think that bike rider should rot in hell who collided with her scooty and rammed through one of her legs.  But alas, we never know God’s plans. One accident and she couldn’t walk again. But you will see, the person who did that will regret one day for his karma”, Natasha entered my room with a cup of coffee. How could I ever say her that Shreya was my first love and that bike rider was me? How could I even say that it was not an accident; rather a momentary action from anger? But yes, Natasha was right. The person who did this can never live in peace.



.................................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KARMA IS A BITCH...

Today I encountered a good experience, and my belief on GOD or whatever you call strengthened more. Its true whatever you do, will return back to you because KARMA IS A BITCH... Hope you all like it...  Today morning a wonderful experience I had, Though it felt good, trust me for someone it was bad. But what to do KARMA IS A BITCH, It never leaves till to you a lesson it teach. For every single word you speak that hurts other, One day with interest returns back to you and bother. But I am happy that someone is there, Who is ready to give every human their deserving share. Experiences in past had already made me a believer of God, But today I knew that no human is spared from his sword. The saying is true that, as you sow, so shall you reap; Even in a second the fortunes can flip. Don't hurt someone who's poor due to your present high status, Because even from the mud, someday blooms a lotus. For people who think nothing bad can happen to

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

P.S. - Please read until the end before drawing any conclusion ;) Living in a dark place, I thought this was my world... Suddenly I felt a pulling jerk, And I started feeling cold...                                                                                                          I went into a shock,                                                    And I started yelling loudly...                                                    I never knew about this,                                                    But a voice came out of me slowly...                                                                                                               I saw few faces staring at me,                                                                                                               As I was in a strangers land...                                                                                                               I saw two things holding me,      

THE GOOD & THE BAD...

Well this post friends is a manifestation of my own thoughts and experiences. The post here says a basic thing. "Every coin has two sides", albeit the story to explain it is a little different. Hope you all like it.. Its little long but usually when emotions are expressed, it takes long. It rained and it rained a lot, I could see a child playing with a paper boat. With no one to ask him not to wet, He was dancing in the rain which many would hate. I always dreamed of drenching myself in the rain, But always stopped thinking of future cough and pain. I saw his eyes lighten up seeing the rain drops, As if he was waiting to play with his hand-made props. Soon after he was accompanied by his sister, And his joy knew no bound as if he was made some minister. Unknowingly before the rain drops they were doing the SRK pose, Even I stopped my scooty and stretched my hands seeing those. I wished I had their innocence and zeal, Even in such a heavy rain,